WELCOME TO THE RANGITIKEI
ABOUT US AND OUR REGION
UPCOMING NEWS AND EVENTS
Welcome to the Multicultural Council of Rangitikei/Whanganui
The Multicultural Council of Rangitikei/Whanganui is a non-profit organisation run principally by volunteers to support ethnic communities and others in need. We continue to evolve and adapt to meet the changing life style of migrants. We are professional, innovative and strongly forward-focussed.
Meetings on 3rd Thursday at 7 30pm, 137 Anzac Parade, Whanganui East
Main Supporters We would like to thank NZ Lotteries Commission, Office of Ethnic Communities, Whanganui District Council, and Whanganui Community Foundation being our main supporters.
- To promote understanding and preserve ethnic customs, languages, religions, sports and cultures – and to share these with the community of Rangitikei/Whanganui
- To support the rights of ethnic individuals and groups to enjoy equal opportunities, to receive equal protection under the law, and to have equitable access to community resources
- To provide a forum for ethnic groups to share experiences and friendships and to enable ethnic groups to speak with one voice on matters of common concern
- To raise consciousness among ethnic groups regarding the special status of Māori as the “Tangata Whenua” (people of the land) under the Treaty of Waitangi
- To provide assistance and orientation for those who are newcomers to the community and share each other’s company