To bring about cultural understanding and togetherness
The Multicultural Council of Rangitikei/Whanganui is a non-profit organisation registered by the Charities Commission and run by volunteers to support ethnic communities and others in need. We continue to evolve and adapt to meet the changing lifestyle of migrants. We are professional, innovative and strongly forward-focussed.
- To promote an understanding and preserve ethnic customs, languages, religions, sports and cultures and to share them with the community of Rangitikei/Whanganui
- To support the rights of ethnic individuals or groups to enjoy equal opportunities, to receive equal protection under the law, and to have equitable access to community resources
- To provide a forum for ethnic groups to share experiences and friendships and to enable ethnic groups to speak with one voice on matters of common concern
- To raise consciousness among ethnic groups regarding the special status of Maori as “tangata whenua” (people of the land) under the Treaty of Waitangi
- To provide assistance and orientation for those who are newcomers to the community and share each other’s company.
We would like to thank NZ Lotteries Commission, Office of Ethnic Communities, Whanganui District Council, and Whanganui Community Foundation for being our main supporters.