What we do
The Multicultural Council of Rangitīkei/Whanganui helps newcomers by offering support and friendship in various ways through social activities, practical assistance and community events.
- Attending citizenship ceremonies
- Organising and supporting community cultural events
- Hosting potluck dinners, picnics, an annual beach cleanup, Race Unity Week and Race Relations Day activities
- Offering settlement advice
- Providing language lessons, practice and document preparation
- Advocating on behalf of migrants
We are grateful we can provide these services and activities due to the generous sponsorship of the Ministry of Social Development, NZ Lotteries Commission, Office of Ethnic Communities, J R McKenzie Trust, Whanganui District Council, and Whanganui Community Foundation.
Below are selections of photos showing what we have been organising and enjoying. Click on the photos and scroll for optimum viewing.